Do not look back in anger, or forward in fear, but around in awareness. -- James Thurber

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Hello, my name is Liz Figueroa. In here you will read about my experiences while on my journey through spiritual awareness. From my dreams, use of pendulum and Tarot, meditations,out of body/astral projection as well daily spiritual lessons. Join me and learn with me, while awaken the true light beings within ourselves.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Resentment While On Spiritual Path

nuke-war-h001
“Resentment or grudges do no harm to the person against whom you hold these feelings but every day and every night of your life, they are eating at you”. ~~ Norman Vincent Peale

The definition of “Resentment” is the experience of a negative emotion (anger or hatred, for instance) felt as a result of a real or imagined wrong done. It seems to me that when we embark in seeking a spiritual path, is when most negative feelings comes to surface, forcing us to deal with it in one way or another.
It’s not how you go by it, but what you learn from it, consequently moving on with your life and away from such negative feeling.
Like many others, I have being victim of resentment coming from others, making me wonder if is perhaps my hard core honesty that hurt them or perhaps my rejection. Feeling the resentment from this specific individual makes me take a deep look of how I see myself through this situation. Am I a victim or am I the villain in this situation? Or perhaps both? This all relate to “action and reaction law” or “cause and effect” of a specific event.

Through my life experience, I have found that the most resentful people I have ever met happen to call themselves, “Light Workers” or “Spiritual people”. Yes, I am talking about those that scream through their heart that they only work with the light, or live the path of truth. Funny is that they only brought this up when they have been put in the spot or their true self have been questioning. Consciously or unconsciously they are hindering their own spiritual path as a consequence. Do I hate this type of individual? No, but I have to admit I feel resentful of being blame for “imagined wrong done” by this individual.
I have done and said things for the sake of people I have known, that in turn it back fired me when I was naïve or ignorant of their true psychological state.
I have come to the conclusion that being resentful is not for my highest good and neither for the highest good of who I feel resentment for. As we attract what we fear most, we also attract to ourselves what we resent in others and I no longer want to be part of it in any sense or form. I have learn that when I resent others for their actions towards me, it really stop my progress through spirituality. This is because I stop in what I was doing, to analyze the reasons, caused and effects of the event for too long. Finding that I waste precious time through it, when I could involve myself in more creative ways to enhance my soul and evolve. It’s no longer a matter of question of who is to blame for, but how I move on while forgiving those that I resent or receive resentment from. I acknowledge that in order to go forward in my soul evolution, I have to let go of resentment for good.

Trust me; this is not an easy task at all, but a constant work. However, I am not going to stop in better myself while purging these feelings, because my aim is to evolve as a soul. Things do happen for a reason and there is a lot to learn from the feeling of resentment and how we feel from those that are resentful toward us.

Love and Light Everyone!

“Nothing on Earth consumes a man more quickly that the passion of resentment”. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings and Thank you for your post, it will be publish shortly!