Do not look back in anger, or forward in fear, but around in awareness. -- James Thurber

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Hello, my name is Liz Figueroa. In here you will read about my experiences while on my journey through spiritual awareness. From my dreams, use of pendulum and Tarot, meditations,out of body/astral projection as well daily spiritual lessons. Join me and learn with me, while awaken the true light beings within ourselves.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Happy 49th Birthday To Me!

     Most women when reaching certain age, they stop celebrating their birthdays for any given reason. However, I can say I am the exception to the rule , because I have so many reasons for celebrating life itself no matter where my travels have taken me.
freedom
  I remember saying back in the days when I was 16 years old “I won’t make it to my 20th”. Gosh I was quite wrong on that one! .
  When I just turned 16, I skipped school with a friend, to go to another town to meet a “Healer/wise woman”. Who used automatic writing to tell messages from spirits. Among everything she said to me, there was one prophecy that I laughed when I heard it. She said “I see you wearing a uniform and carrying bags, you will travel more than anyone in your family. You will be in strange lands with strange people. Your life will change with your travels as well you will change others through your travels”  I  though that what she said was pure amusement and far from be a reality, however what she said that day, had stick with me most of my life.
Nether less to say, my life did a 360 beyond my comprehension months after her prediction.
Her prophecy have come true many times through my life. I have traveled to foreign  lands since my 17th Birthday. To add more to it, I joined the US Army four days before my 27th Birthday. Joining the military, took me to even more far land and be among strangers. I wore an Army uniform for 20 years of my life, carrying bags everywhere I went. I have being in half of Europe, Bosnia (1995-96 war), Japan (2 times), Kuwait / Iraq (2008-09) and USA (East/South/West/Mid-West).
With all those travels, I have always celebrated my birthdays away from my homeland and family, always in far land among strangers.
Today, is my 49th Birthday, I am in a new state, alone, unemployed and living in a transitional housing for Veterans for the time being. I can literally say that with this birthday (despite all the obstacles, life have thrown at me), I am celebrating more than another year in my life…..

         Yes, I am celebrating the freedom of being who I am today.


I will never be shame of my true age, making it to 49th I found it quite amusing and full of wonder of what is next, LOL I laugh about it, since there no reasons for tears—life is too short and I have made my mission to enjoy every minute of it, not as my last but as my first.

I believe the best gift I have today, its to be able to look back and see that God have always being in my travels no matter how far and dangerous they were. To see that those foreign lands and places, became my home for the time being. That my life changed with my travels for better or worst, as well I change other’s lives. That no matter how lonely I felt, they were always someone to remember me, hug me and say “Happy Birthday”.

Celebrating the freedom of who I am, is the best celebration of my life, no matter how painful it have being or many obstacles I have encounter through it. No matter how many times others have try to change me into their ways with no success, or have done me wrong--I have standing tall and fight my way to be me at all times.

All I can say to you when you birthday comes, don’t see it as another year passed by, or something to be shame for… celebrate it as a day that is yours, a day for joy, a day to be grateful for all the experiences in your life good or bad.. because what you have done in your life, shapes who you are today.

Happy 49th Birthday to me! Smile

Love and Light Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings and Thank you for your post, it will be publish shortly!