Do not look back in anger, or forward in fear, but around in awareness. -- James Thurber

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Hello, my name is Liz Figueroa. In here you will read about my experiences while on my journey through spiritual awareness. From my dreams, use of pendulum and Tarot, meditations,out of body/astral projection as well daily spiritual lessons. Join me and learn with me, while awaken the true light beings within ourselves.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

48 Going On 26!

BirthdayCatParty

     Yes, another Birthday!… I never thought I would make it this far, as matter of fact, I always thought that I will die young, gosh.. how wrong I was about that one!.. here I am celebrating my 48th Birthday.. another day in my life.

You may wonder why I say “48 going on 26”, is because at 26th I was in the best physical shape and it was the start of my adventure through the whole world.

Here I am at home, looking back at my life and getting amaze by everything I have gone through, in this past 48 years. It’s like my life has being mark with adventure and tragedy all at once. I have gone through bad childhood, spouse abuse, divorce, two marriages, motherhood from hell, two battlefield experience while in the military, traveling half of the world, law enforcement work, and fewer brushes with death.

I have lived a very intense life, maybe more than other people I have known. Those days were hell and despite all my emotions and actions of those days, I survived each one of them. I don’t consider myself lucky at all, but in a way I think I have being Bless by God.. because despite the consequence of my free will and actions at times, he has managed to put me back in the path of my life’s mission.

At this point, I don’t think is about how much I have acquire through life, but how I lived and survived it.. giving me the experience and wisdom I have today. Gosh, I wished I have knew then, what I know now, I am sure it would save me so much tears and grief. However, everything happened for a reason or purpose and I have 48 years not only to witnessed it but to understand it.

Someone asked me, if I can travel through time to change something from my life that I didn’t like, what it would be? I thought for few minutes on this question and I came to the conclusion that even the good or bad experiences and those that I am not proud at all from it.. I wouldn’t change a thing, because I believe it was necessary to live through it. I believe, if I would change something, I wouldn’t be who I am today.

In the last 17 years, I have always celebrate my birthday away from my homeland Puerto Rico, always being in a different part of the world, doing things that I never thought in a million years I will be doing, and today is not different. Today I am in my house alone with my two cats, waiting for my husband to come home. I don’t feel literally alone, because despite my friends and family are miles away, there are always with me where ever I am.

Yes, I have lots to celebrate today--not only because is my birthday, but because I have a lifetime to be grateful for, a lifetime which made who I am today..   Happy Birthday to me! .. :)

Love and Light everyone! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Light and Love and many many more Birthday's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! your blog is very interesting, so I would like to be linked with your blog, so let me add your blog and do the same with mine!
    http://the-hidden-spaces.blogspot.com

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Blessings and Thank you for your post, it will be publish shortly!