Do not look back in anger, or forward in fear, but around in awareness. -- James Thurber

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Hello, my name is Liz Figueroa. In here you will read about my experiences while on my journey through spiritual awareness. From my dreams, use of pendulum and Tarot, meditations,out of body/astral projection as well daily spiritual lessons. Join me and learn with me, while awaken the true light beings within ourselves.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

About Affirmations


Affirmations and their purpose varied and their become powerful according with practice. In essence, they are to help you focus and to reassure you, to program all levels of your mind and body toward what you are trying to accomplish.

There two types of daily meditations:

1. Daytime affirmations: are geared to program your beliefs to accept and allow you to have whatever you are seeking.
2. Nightime affirmations: are commonly used to program your dreams or to prompt you to remember dreams/meditation experiences.

If you write your own affirmations, there are some factors to keep in mind in order to program your subconcious effectively. Always keep them in the first person:
"I am..", "I believe...", "I have the ability....", and so on.

Make them positive : " I remain calm and relax...." instead of "I am not afraid".
The subconscious has trouble comprehending negative words and pharases like don't, won't, can't, non- and not, as in "I am not afraid". So if you use words like "I am not afraid" your subconcious will only pick up the word "afraid" and this at the end can program you to become more afraid.

Its very important to write affirmations in active present tense instead of relating to future by using "I will" since relating to future the affirmation will be less effective.
Like example:

Active present: "I am conciously receive the light of the omnipresent Father constantly passing through me"
Future: "I will conciously receive the light of the omnipresent Father constantly passing through me" (by Paramahansa Yogananda)

Some books suggest that you repeat an affirmation about 7 to 30 times each day. Others suggest for you to write them in a journal several times, and others suggest recording them in audio form like WAV and MP3 files and set it to repeat and just listen. Its highly suggest that whenever you think about it, recite the affirmation to yourself like a mantra until this one is really saturate your brain with it. The more you use affirmations, the more you will understand and value their power to program your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blessings and Thank you for your post, it will be publish shortly!